Actions and Detail Panel
Tinker's Hopscotch Workshop Oct 13 13:00-15:00 (Kowloon)
Thu 13 October 2016, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM HKT
This course is designed for young children not yet familiar with the computer to have some programming fun with Hopscotch, an iPad app that allows kids to create animations, stories, and games with easy-to-use blocks, color-coded functions and quirky characters that are particularly appealing to 6+ years old kids.
Students practice giving commands to the characters, exploring programming and mathematical concepts and enjoying creating interactive artwork in the process.
- Understanding Characters as objects
- Program simple animations that change how characters look and move
- Explore key programming concepts including events, variables, loops and conditionals
- Explore key mathematical concepts including angles, 2D coordinates and random numbers
- Program animations and games to experiment the effects of the concepts learned
Class Duration: 120 minutes per class
Class Size: 4 - 8 students
Suitable Age: 6 - 8
Location: Unit 404, 4/F, Kowloon Building, 555 Nathan Road, Kowloon
8 : 1 Ratio Guarantee
Hands-on Project Based Learning
Follow on Curriculum for Immersed Learning
Shaping Future Creators
First Code Academy is a leading education institute that teaches kids coding courses and develop curriculum for K-12 students to learn not just coding skills, but computational thinking. Our goal is to empower children and teenagers to become creative leaders in the digital era, for their future career and for driving social change.