What is sourdough bread?
Sourdough bread making traces back to the ancient art of artisan bread making that uses 3 basic ingredients, ie flour + water + salt and time for fermentation. All other additive/unnatural ingredients that commercially produced bread include are eliminated.
Sourdough bread is healthy, gentle to the digestive system, and delicious; and the crumb texture gives a satisfying mouth feeling. In this hands-on class, we will show you how to make sourdough bread step by step and the techniques required. You will take home a recipe, your first hand crafted sourdough bread and an extra dough to practise your bake at home too.
*This will be a hands-on class. You will be kneading, rounding, shaping and proofing the sourdough and bake - Please bring your apron!
What will you learn?
- How to make a traditional sourdough bread – hands on
- How to refresh and feed your sourdough starter
- Understands how sourdough behaves at each stage of bread making
What will you take home?
- Your first sourdough bread
- A jar of sourdough mother starter
- The essential knowledge you need to bake your own homemade artisan sourdough bread.
- A dough to practice to bake at home
What to bring?
- 1x apron
- 1x pen
We will confirm your seat(s) once all fees are received. Deadline for any cancellation request is 24 hours prior to the start time of the class. All fees will become non-refundable after the deadline. Cancellation requests should be made in writing at least 24 hours prior to the class for any refund to be made back to your account.
Length of class: 3 hours