Actions and Detail Panel
Product Branding Secrets for Startups
Wed 22 March 2017, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM HKT
A strong brand is vital for any product based startup looking to make their mark amongst so much digital noise.
Join us for an evening of branding insight with our friends at Fashion Disruptors as we delve into the key role and importance of branding your products with a panel of experts.
We'll explore the Product Branding Secrets of MAZU swimwear founder Adam Raby and talk through branding vs marketing, branding mistakes to avoid, current style trends and more with our panel of experts.
Presentation – 45min – Product Branding Secrets from an Expert
- MAZU Swimwear (Adam)
- The role & importance of branding in your products
- Real world examples & do/don’ts
- How to use branding to make loyal customers
Panel Discussion: 30mins – ‘Product Branding for Startups’
- Branding vs. marketing : What’s the difference? Do startups need to distinguish between them?
- Branding mistakes : what are the most common branding errors by startups? How to avoid them?
- Branding on your product : do todays consumers prefer minimal logos & branding on their product - Is less more?
- Personal Branding: How to portray yourself as a brand ambassador without coming off as narcissistic?
Q&A / Networking
ADAM RABY - Founder, MAZU Swimwear
- Adam worked in various advertising agencies and sports brands across Hong Kong, he has been fortunate enough to gain experience in client relations, the formation and initiation of sales pitches, as well as marketing and branding of various companies. He represented Hong Kong in various rugby tournaments as well as the Hong Kong Sevens. Participating in high-level sports has given him the opportunity to work well in any team environment. His various interests and abilities have allowed him to become an active, creative and organised individual with an energetic approach to work.
ASHOK JAYARAMAN - Founder, Fashion Disruptor
- Ashok spent the last 9 years working in the US, Europe and Asia leading change management initiatives for the Adidas Group enabling them to evolve to the fast changing fashion and sporting goods industry. He is currently the founder of the Fashion Disruptors community in Hong Kong which supports upcoming entrepreneurs break into the fashion arena and bring fresh concepts to market that challenge industry norms & excite consumers.
WAY CHANG - Founder, LXN Collection
- Way Chang, the founder of LXN Collection, moved to Hong Kong from New York 6 years. With Hong Kong's humidity, he found himself drench in embarrassing sweatmarks during many social gatherings and meetings. He decided to find a solution for this problem and began looking for supplier with fabric that can hide sweatmarks. After finding a patented stain resistant and anti-sweatmarks fabric, he left his career in finance to launch his start up. Other than its retail brand, his company supply fabric to tailors in Asia and also has an uniform division.
QUINN LAI - Founder, EONIQ.CO
- Quinn Lai is a serial entrepreneur in Hong Kong and the United States. His startups have achieved impacts in different ways from enabling impoverished students to learn more effectively to prolonging (or even saving) the lives of terminally ill patients. He was also a Hewlett Packard (WebOS) product manager and a McKinsey consultant. His current venture, EONIQ (http://www.eoniq.co) aims to revolutionize how watches are designed and bring custom time pieces to everyone. Utilizing his training and experience in design thinking and need finding, he has been involved in the development of multiple MNC’s innovative products/processes, including but not limited to card based multitasking UI for mobile devices, next generation automotive infotainment system and a car design process.
In Partnership with
Fashion Disruptors - connecting the Fashion & Tech Entrepreneur Community in Hong Kong