Actions and Detail Panel
Mentor Clinic - Intellectual Property (Trademark, Patents and Registered De...
Fri, April 21, 2017, 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM HKT
It is impossible for startups to understand and know how to solve all the difficulties they encounter. Mentor clinics are 1-on-1 high level interactions between mentors and entrepreneurs, with topics that focus on business model design, HR, legal, fundraising, supply chain, etc. The Mentor Clinics aim to provide a private, interactive session for mentors to share their experience and advise startups in their areas of expertise.
Topic: Intellectual Property (Trademark, Patents and Registered Designs)
This clinic is for you if you have a question on effective trademark, patent or design protection and commercialization strategy.
A business can be severely compromised if the product of the start-up infringes the intellectual property (IP) such as an existing patent or trademark of a third party. The indignant owners of the IP can demand heavy damages or close down a competing business entirely. With knowledge in hand, however, businessmen need not back down and may even turn the situation around to their advantage.
Timeslot (1) 2:00 pm – 2:45 pm
Timeslot (2) 3:00 pm – 3:45 pm
Timeslot (3) 4:00 pm – 4:45 pm
Timeslot (4) 5:00 pm – 5:45 pm
Criteria of applicant:
- Open to the public but startups will get priority.
- Applicants will need to fill in an application form after choosing the session on the registration page.
- For people who register early online, the fee will be only HKD 200 per session.
- For walk-ins, the fee will be HKD 250 per session and will only be accepted when the session is not fully booked.
- Mentees will be expected to give feedback after the sessions
- If you are interested in joining our next session, please fill-in this form: https://goo.gl/WHFUKc
For more detail, please check What is a Mentor Clinic below:
About the mentor:
Edwin SIEW, of Lecto IP. Patent Attorney