HKCS FACE x Youth Club - Girls For Tech
Tuesday, 18 April 2017 from 09:00 to 13:00 (HKT)
22 February 2017, 09:00 ~ 17 March 2017, 23:59
(applications submitted after the application period would not be considered)
ICT is a traditionally male-dominated industry. The number of women who adopt ICT as a career is disproportional to the demographics. Despite making up about 50% of the population, women represent only 20% of the ICT workforce in Hong Kong, leading to a traditional perception that female is “less technical”.
The "Girls for Tech" challenge is an opportunity for female secondary school students to prove to themselves and the world that - Girls can be Tech!
Each team should produce a 2 – 4 minutes virtual reality (VR) video of a specific theme (to be announced on the briefing cum workshop day in March) and deliver a presentation to the judging panel to introduce their ideas behind the production of the entry.
1. 11 or 18 March 2017 (10:00 - 13:30) – A half-day briefing cum workshop for the applied teams to know the theme and assessment scheme of the competition and learn some basic techniques of VR, and site visit to the PCCW Network Operation Center.
(Venue: 5/F Multi-Activity Room, PCCW Sports Complex, Lai Chi Kok Exchange, 2 Yuet Lun Street, Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong)
2. Early April 2017 – Submission of the entry (exact date to be announced in the briefing cum workshop day)
1. This competition opens to all forms of female secondary school students.
2. Application must be submitted on team basis. Each team should consist of 3-5 female secondary school students. Information (including name, school name, and year of study) of all team members should be provided in the application and cannot be changed afterwards.
1. Each school can nominate at most 3 teams.
2. The inaccuracy of information and/or missing of mandatory information will lead to disqualification.
3. A set of equipment (such as 360 camera, VR viewer) will be provided to each team for the production of the entry in March.
4. Entries must be originally produced by the applied teams, and must not be related to the material or content of the third party (such as video, sound, music, text or picture). The Organiser will not be responsible for any infringement of copyright or other third party rights.
5. Entries must not have been submitted to any other competitions, and must not be modified from previous work submitted to any other competitions.
6. Entries must not been posted on a video sharing platform, such as YouTube and Facebook.
7. All works will be judged by the judging panel consisting of representatives from the Hong Kong Computer Society, co-organisers and invited judges.
8. All entries will be used for promotional purposes of this competition and related events only. The Organiser and the Co-organisers have rights to show the video without prior consent from the participants. However, the Organiser and the Co-organisers will not use their work for any other purposes unless obtaining confirmation from the participants.
9. All entries that involve or contain defamatory, offensive, obscene, inappropriate or illegal content will not be accepted.
10. Prizes and gifts cannot be redeemed for cash or exchanged for other products.
11. The Organiser reserves the right to review, decide and change the content of the award.
Save This Event
When & Where
Hong Kong Computer Society - FACE Club & Youth Club
Visions and Objectives FACE is the first IT women club in Hong Kong. FACE stands for "Female", "Attract", "Connect" and "Engage" which implies the objectives of FACE Club: - To ATTRACT more FEMALE to choose ICT as their career; - To CONNECT existing HKCS female members; - To provide opportunities to our female members to ENGAGE in Hong Kong ICT and HKCS activities. For more details, please visit FACE introduction video in HKCS YouTube channel
The HKCS Youth Club named iSpirit is formed by a group of young HKCS members with a vision to advance the IT profession and industry in Hong Kong. It aims to re-brand and promote the image of IT in the young generation so as to attract the most brilliant talents to study and work in the IT industry.