Actions and Detail Panel
(EVENT POSTPONED) 3D Sculpting & 3D Printing in Product Design
Fri 21 October 2016, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM HKT
Announcement (19/10/2016) : Due to unstable weather condition this week, this event will be postponed.
We will announce later on the reschedule date, time and venue. Thank you very much for your attention.
3D Sculpting & 3D Printing in Product Design
This seminar is to promote and encourage 3D sculpting and 3D printing as a product development strategy (from digital to physical) for creative sectors and production industries. Co-organized with Hong Kong Productivity Council (HKPC), the event would begin with a guide tour to 3D Printing One of HKPC , then with Z Brush (TM) and Meshmixer Demonstration.
Mr. Michael Cheung
Senior Project Manager, Hot Shot Design Workshop Ltd.
Mr. Nicholas Kwok
Teaching Fellow I, Product Design, THEi. IVE
- Product and Toy designers (Toy and Character Merchandise Industries)
- Project Managers (Licensed Figurine Company)
- Game & Animation Developers (Character Design)
- Industrial / Product Design Students
1. Tour and Introduction of 3D Printing One of HKPC
(Presented by HKPC Ambassador)
2.The Blossom of 3D Sculpting and 3D Printing
(Presented by Moderator, Mr. Eddie Kwok)
- The evolution of 3D printing hardwares and softwares
- From Industrial grade to Consumer grade
3. Zbrush (TM) - a new way of digital sculpting for toy development
(Presented by Guest Speaker, Mr. Michael Cheung)
- Introduce current softwares supporting digital sculpting.
- Demonstrate "Zbrush (TM)" for sculpting a 3D character and share knowhow about how digital sculpting supports animation and game industries, in particular toy development.
4. Alternative approach (Freeware) for 3D printing object creation & optimization
(Presented by Guest Speaker, Mr. Nicolas Kwok)
-Introduce current 3D printers supporting hobbies development and toys development.
-Demonstrate "Meshmixer" (freeware) to , refine 3D file for 3D printing.
Michael CHEUNG Man Hoi
Senior Project Manager, Hot Shot Design Workshop Limited
Being one of the key project developers of Hasbro Toys, Michael is specialized in popular franchises of Hasbro’s licensors including Starwars, Marvels and Transformers, etc. He was nominated as one of the representative key sculptors who received advanced ZBrush (TM) training in Hasbro’s Rhode Island Headquarter (sculpting division) for a month where he established a very efficient approach through this powerful sculpting tools for toy development industry and meet the new challenges with international clients. Michael graduated from BA (Hons) in Industrial Design at School of Design, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
Nicholas KWOK Tin Yan
Teaching Fellow I , Product Design, THEi
Nicholas was trained as industrial and product designer who graduated from BA (Hons) Industrial Design at School of Design, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, and devotes to product design education for years. He had taught at Hong Kong Polytechnic University where he developed three-dimensional carving and digital printing technology in product design and digital entertainment education. And he also served IVE and currently offers professional design training at THEi including product design, character design, animation, digital sculpture and three-dimensional printing.