Documentary Screening: As Forças Das Favelas
Wednesday, 15 January 2014 from 19:00 to 22:00 (PST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Lighthouse Documentaries Screening.
This is the first event in a series of sustainability documentary screenings to promote sustainable living.
Come and join us to watch a documentary film about the evolution of Favelas in Rio De Janeiro from the state of dangerous shanty towns to a model of sustainability and community cohesion.
The screening will be followed by a discussion with a panel of speakers from CityU's Public policies department and the director Rebecca Sweetman, founder of the Paradigm Shift Project.
How to get the venue:
The address is:
L1, The Sparkle, 500 Tung Chau Street, West Kowloon
To get there from MTR Cheung Sha Wan:
- Take exit B2
- walk along Fat Tseung Street W until you reach La Chi Kok Road
- Cross the road and continue walking on Fat Tseung Street W until Tung Chau Street
- You turn right and walk just past the Good Kitchen
- To get there from MTR Nam Cheong:
- Take exit A
- Walk along Sham Mong Rd until Tonkin Street West.
- Turn right on Tonkin Street west and walk until Tung Chau Street
- Walk along Tung Chau Street until past Fat Tseung Street.
- The Good Lab will be on the right just after Good Kitchen
Phone: 9476-4294 (Rija)
Attendance is free.
We welcome donations (suggested amount: 50 HKD) to support the venue, the crew's time and the organisation of future screenings.
The film is in Brazilian Portuguese, subtitled in English.
The viewing is suitable for all.
Screening will starts at 19:30 and last for 54mn.
When & Where
The Green Sustainable Living Hong Kong
We are a collective of sustainability and environmental protection enthusiasts and activists in Hong Kong.
Our aim is to raise awareness on sustainability issues and educate individuals into a more sustainable living and into taking actions toward solving these issues.
Everyone is welcome to join our group.