Building your idea into a solid app requires hours of dedication to design and development. David will guide you through the process of developing an app, from brainstorming an app idea to wireframing, programming to usability testing, and analytics basics to error tracking.
What you get/learn from the events:
1. Wireframing / App design basics: human interface guideline, interactive prototype (Google Pixate / Invision app)
2. Usability testing (usertesting.com), user feedback, customer validation
3. Development: how to pick a vendor if you opt to outsource your app development, or opt for BaaS, and what are some important factors of a great development team
4. Tracking and analytics: what’s the AARRR funnel and how to track common KPIs using Google Analytics / Mixpanel / Apsalar / Segment.io / Raw Data
5. Error tracking: With error tracking tools (getsentry), you can receive crash reports and detailed error logs
Who should attend this workshop:
Entrepreneurs who want to develop and launch their own apps
David Ng is a product manager for Skygear.io, an open source backend for mobile apps and web apps, where he spearheads growth-related operations such as paid ads across multiple channels, drip campaigns, influencer marketing, and content marketing.
Oursky is a Hong Kong-based digital product studio founded in 2008. The company develops web & mobile apps for startups and enterprises, including ASOS and Thomson Reuters. In 2015, 60% of Oursky's published iOS apps were featured in Apple's App Store and one was selected as a Best of 2013 App.
Our flagship product - Skygear.io, is an open-source backend as a service (BaaS) with iOS / Android / Web SDKs. Skygear.io provides common backend services (such as authentication, database, push notifications, background jobs, pub-sub, chat, and messaging etc.), server-less functions and managed hosting. Skygear.io helps developers focus on building amazing client-side experiences by offering backend infrastructure.
Campfire Collaborative Space started in 2016. With a set goal of helping people in Hong Kong to achieve their passions through hard work and perseverance. We understand that finding office spaces in Hong Kong can be tough and a time-consuming process. At Campfire we provide a reliable and flexible coworking space as an easy solution for your office needs.